Saturday, February 11, 2012

Rest in Peace, Whitney Houston

The world has lost a legend, an icon, an incredible voice. It is sad she is no longer with us. May she rest in peace.

Whitney Houston has passed away at the age of 48, and although the cause of her death is currently unknown, she made an appearance last night at the Kelly Price & Friends Unplugged: For The Love of R&B Grammy Party at True Hollywood, and even took the stage to sing what sadly, ended up being her last public performance. Some details surrounding her passing include:

- Beverly Hills Police Department received a call at about 3:43pm Saturday afternoon.

- Police arrived on scene within minutes.

- Paramedics attempted to resuscitate Houston but failed.

- At 3:55pm this afternoon, Whitney Houston was pronounced dead.

- No obvious signs of foul play and no obvious signs of a cause of death.

Tweets from other singers expressing their disbelief over the news:

Mariah Carey - “Heartbroken and in tears over the shocking death of my friend, the incomparable Ms. Whitney Houston. My heartfelt condolences to Whitney’s family and to all her millions of fans throughout the world. She will never be forgotten as one of the greatest voices to ever grace the earth.”

Christina Aguilera - “We have lost another legend. Love and prayers to Whitney’s family. She will be missed.”

Justin Bieber: "just heard the news. so crazy. One of the GREATEST VOICES EVER just passed. RIP Whitney Houston. My prayers go out to her friends and family"

Katy Perry: So devastating. We will always love you Whitney, R.I.P."

Nicki Minaj: "Jesus Christ, not Whitney Houston. Greatest of all time."

LeAnn Rimes: Seems like we are losing the great ones all to soon. RIP Whitney, how horribly sad. Whitney Houston was the first cd I ever bought. She had a God given gift. Hopefully, she's singing with angels now."

Duran Duran - “Very sad to hear about Whitney Houston. Rest in peace.”

Rihanna - “No words! Just tears #DearWhitney”

Kelly Rowland: "I am beyond heartbroken. Whitney Houston was undoubtedly one of the greatest singers & performers of all time & such a huge influence on me. She embraced me when I first started out with Destiny's Child, with love, with encouragement and with that powerhouse voice. My deepest sympathies and prayers go out to her daughter, her mother and to all of her loved ones."

B.o.B - “I remember ALL my mom played were her albums. She was a presence I grew up with, I cant believe it…. Rest In Peace and Have Eternal Life.”

Wynter Gordon - “Whitney was one of the greatest talents talents ever lived. Her music lives on.”

Missy Elliott - “This is such a sad moment! I’m speechless I have no words of what I’m feeling right now. Rest in Peace Whitney Houstan I love u.”

Paula Abdul - “I am devastated. I am absolutely devastated at the news about Whitney Houston. Such a tragic, tragic loss.”

Jay Sean - "Just heard the tragic news of Whitney Houston’s passing. This is such a huge loss to music. She was the true definition of a vocalist. So sad.”

Akon - “We’ve lost another Legend. RIP WHITNEY HOUSTON. I’m Honored to have had the chance to work with such an amazing human being.”

Boy George - “Whitney is dead, OMG, I’m so heartbroken. You were amazing and I hope you have found peace!”

Sean Kingston - “One Of The Greatest Voices.. Huge Inspiration!!!… SMH Sad News Man Messed up the Whole Day!”

Ryan Seacrest - “At Grammys rehearsal hearing Whitney Houston has passed away at 48. Everyone here is absolutely stunned.”

Ludacris - “R.I.P WHITNEY HOUSTON. ONE OF THE PUREST SOULS I’VE EVER MET IN MY LIFE.”

Demi Lovato - “This can’t be true… One of my idols gone?? No. This is so unbelievably sad. #RIPWhitneyHouston.”

Simon Cowell - "I am so sad to hear about Whitney. We have lost one of the greatest singers of all time."

1 comment:

Julie said...

Terrible tragedy... She struggled with drugs for much of her later life but you always rooted for her and hoped she would pull her life back together again. An amazingly talented gifted voice. Such a waste.