Wednesday, May 4, 2011

American Idol Top 5! [What They Performed]

Week's Theme:
Songs from Now and Then

Performances:
James Durbin- "Closer to the Edge"
30 Seconds to Mars
+
"Without You"
Harry Nilsson

Jacob Lusk- "No Air"
Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown
+
"Love Hurts"
Nazareth

Lauren Alaina- "Flat on the Floor"
Carrie Underwood
+
"Unchained Melody"
The Righteous Brothers

Scotty McCreery- "Gone"
Montgomery Gentry
+
"Always on My Mind"
Elvis Presley

Haley Reinhart- "YoĆ¼ And I"
Lady GaGa
+
"The House of the Rising Sun"
The Animals

The Best Damn Blog thinks:
We got some of the best performances of the season tonight! With the exception of Jacob, who murdered that Jordin Sparks song. James, Lauren, Scotty and Haley were beyond amazing - they have earned their spot on the Top 4. I just don't see how any of them would go home instead of Jacob tomorrow night.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haley was hands down the best of the night, im sorry but vocally not a single contestant left has the voice that she has

Zach said...

I thoroughly agree. When this competition started, I wouldn't have guessed that Haley would've become what she has! She nailed that song - I literally got goosebumps. She's amazing, and I hope and pray she makes it beyond the inevitable top 4. She deserves to win after tonight!

Anonymous said...

I agree! They have all become stars! Jacob should be going home... he definitely picked the wrong songs this week. I just loved James, Lauren, Scotty, and Haley! I knew Haley was good, but dang... she really proved herself last night!

OSO-Deluxe-Edition said...

HALEY FTW!
she should totally win after tonight,not just to be in the finale, she was clearly miles better than the rest, haunting,powerful & sweet at some points.
phenomenal for sure.

MOnzz-Winzz said...

Yeah, i totally agree with you here. Although Jacob killed some of the songs in the past, but recently, he doesn't have any thing to show off... Haley.... she totally deserves the Standing O...

Anonymous said...

I think Hayle sucks!!!!!!!!! The only one left with any talent is James!!!!!!!!! Go home already Haylee!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, first of all anon. above me, learn how to spell. I would love for Haley to make the finale, as she definitely deserves it, but I have a feeling that she'll most likely be voted off next week. Scotty and Lauren just don't do it for me. Lauren is trying to be the next Carrie Underwood and I feel like Carrie is miles better than her. Loved both of Haley's performances. Didn't agree with the judges comments on her 'You and I' performance at all. It seems like they just enjoy criticizing her, especially Randy. She totally deserved that standing ovation though at the end!!!

tigor azhari sitompul said...

haley & lauren shuold be in final..