Thursday, March 24, 2011

American Idol Top 11 Results!

Bottom 3
Thia Megia, Stefano Langone, Casey Abrams

Bottom 2
Stefano Langone, Casey Abrams

Eliminated
Casey Abrams

Judges "Save"
Used

-Well, I would have gotten two out of three right if I went through with my prediction last night. I had Naima instead of Casey. Two reasons why I think Casey had the lowest votes tonight though: A) He performed first last night, never the best spot to be in as most people miss the first performance and B) The backlash from murdering "Smells Like Teen Spirit" last week was carried over into this week.

-Two contestants will go home next week, but don't worry, all eleven of the remaining contestants tonight will make the American Idols Live! Summer Tour. That seems fair to me, it would suck to be the one who got screwed out of the tour because the judges used that "save" the week before.

3 comments:

grey74 said...

Went pretty much as I had predicted. I predicted Casey would be voted off and he was. I think America began to see through his growly and let's try to emulate Joe cocker every song. What he did to Nirvana and this week was very hard on the ears. His display after he was saved was borderline creepy. This save was a huge waste. They are going to regret it in a few weeks when someone better is on the verge of leaving. Unless he figures it out fast, he will be going home next week anyway. I was however surprised to see Stefano in the bottom 3. Was rather unexpected for me. He is one of the better vocalists on the show, but as we know with this show, it often isn't really how good of a singer you are, its how popular you are.

Anonymous said...

CASEY SUCKS BUTT! SO DOES THAT COUNTRY DUDE! NOTICE HOW IN THE GROUP SONGS THEY NEVER FEATURE HIM?! IT'S BECAUSE HE CAN ONLY DO ONE THING AND THAT IS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT'S ALL ABOUT JAMES & PIA! I'D BUY THAT SEX TAPE!!!!!!

grey74 said...

Anonymous You won't be very happy when Scotty wins American idol. While I am not saying it is a foregone conclusion, he does seem to have a good majority of the votes right now. Things can change as time goes on, but I'm willing to bet Scotty will be as consistent as he as been. You don't have to even be a fan of country music to notice the kid has talent, and has mad vocals. Lots of people in the business would kill to be able to sing that lower register.