Sunday, September 26, 2010

Melody Thornton New Vibe Interview

On rumored Scherzinger feud:
Well, remember when Whitney and Mariah did that song together? It’s like, clearly they did a song together, so it’s not all that damn bad. As long as we respect each other, it’s okay. She does what she does, and I do what I do, and that’s that. You’re either a forgiving person and you can move on or you can hold on to those things. I’m not one of those people. I’m not gonna be a victim to what happened. It’s over. Bye. Keep it pushing.

On why PCD split:
Maybe a divorce is what you can attribute that split to. We were definitely tired and worked a lot. I’m seeing these people more than I see my family. I would be hurt if anything happened to any one of the girls. Doesn’t matter what they said or did ever. You can love someone and let ‘em go. It was just time to move on. As much as I care for all of the girls, I’m going to do what’s best for Melody from this point forward. I need to do what I want to do.

Her current label situation:
Yeah, I’m not at Interscope. I haven’t taken what’s been offered because I feel I deserve better. I believe in putting your best foot forward and swinging for the fence, and I’m going to have the kind of enthusiastic CEO behind me who’s like, ‘Yeah! That’s what it is!’ And I’m not afraid to wait for that. I am funding and recording on my own. And I love Interscope, by the way. They’re one of the best. [Jimmy Iovine] knows what he’s doing. If he loves you, you got it. It’s like why would I marry someone just because they have money? I also need to be loved. I need to be cherished.

Her solo career:
For me, it’s important for people to know that I do write. I will be writing the majority of what I am singing because it’s important to me for an artist to actually be talking about something that came from them as opposed to being manufactured in that way.

It’s gonna be fun, but at the same time, there’s an underlying message for people. Like I said, it’s important for the underdog to prevail at some point and reinforce faith in people. Music should move you. It shouldn’t just be fun. It’s not all about fun. Life is about ups and downs, so that’s what my music will have.

No comments: