Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gwen Stefani on InStyle UK

Gwen Stefani strikes a pose in Louis Vuitton on the July 2010 cover of UK’s InStyle. Here’s what the 40-year-old Hollaback Girl shared:

On what initially made her decide to jump from musician to designer: “I wanted so badly to have a backup plan for when I’m not performing any more. Let’s be realistic: it’s not going to be like this forever. So I wanted to continue having something creative to do. I have to be creative to be happy. I don’t have a strong sense of self-worth unless I’m doing something. I was a different person before I started to write. When I realized I could be a songwriter and that people would listen – that was when I started feeling good in my life.”

You’ve said you had writer’s block when trying to work on the next No Doubt record. Have you overcome it? “I just wrote a song, which is really exciting! It’s not even done and I’ve listened to it two billion times already. It’s like I can’t stop. If my husband comes in and I’m listening to it, I’m like, ‘I’m sorry’.”

Are you and Gavin [Rossdale] going to try for a little girl? Someone should get to inherit your wardrobe… “I don’t know. Having children is the hardest thing I’ve ever done. No one could have prepared me for how awesome it is and how hard. And having two boys – there’s a lot of energy. I mean, it does seem weird that I don’t have a girl, but I feel like I’m running out of time. I also don’t want to spread myself so thin that I can’t even be good for them… Poor Zuma, he’d be the middle guy. I’m not focusing on it right now, but it’s not up to me anyway, you know? These things are miracles, so we’ll see. Otherwise, the clothes are probably going to go to some girlfriend of Kingston’s!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, this was funny and cute! I love Gwen, she's always been so amazing and positive no matter what she does. Like Gaga, she's a real woman.