Ever since he showed up for her last "Chicago" performance in London's West End, Ashlee Simpson has said she's dying to work with Robert Smith of the Cure — but he's not the only name on the list of collaborators for her third album. The singer has been hard at work writing songs with Timbaland, John Legend, Kenna, and Chad Hugo of the Neptunes, a source close to the project told MTV News. If that list sounds unusual to you, it should — Ashlee is going for a more "soulful" sound on her new album, she told Cosmopolitan for the mag's June cover story, and has been listening to a lot of India.Arie, Tori Amos and Fiona Apple for inspiration. "This record is not like, 'I didn't steal your boyfriend' or anything like that," she told Cosmo. "But who knows what's going to happen in the next few months. I'll probably have my heart broken and then end up with one of those kinds of songs on there." Don't count on it, though. "I'm in a stronger place now," Simpson insisted. "I'm coming into my womanhood, and it's changing my music."Thanks to MTV.com
Sounds interesting, I liked her past two records a lot, I hope this is just as good as the past two.
No comments:
Post a Comment