Monday, August 16, 2010

Shania Twain Added to List of Potential Idol Judges

The Boston Herald is reporting that Shania Twain may be the newest judge on American Idol.

“They’ve been after her ever since she was a mentor on the show last season,” a source told People.com yesterday. “And they haven’t given up… Shania’s a huge fan of the show,and she had a great time as a mentor.”

And then there’s Mariah Carey, whose husband Nick Cannon, host of America’s Got Talent, reports has her eyes set on the judges’ table.

“She talks about it,” Cannon told the Hollywood Reporter . “She says ‘I would love to do that.’ She is one of the greatest singers of our time; she would be great.”

Idol may also be getting Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler, who has been telling everyone – except his bandmates – he’s got the gig sitting next to Randy Jackson .

When asked by a New York Post reporter if he could be tough on a young singer, Tylersaid: “I’m very judgmental of the guys in the band. I know when to say ‘Don’t bore us – get to the chorus!’ and I think I’d bring credibility to that forum if I was asked to do it.”

No comments: