Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Official Katy Perry First Week Sales Prediction

Eminem will likely relinquish the No. 1 position next week to Katy Perry's new Teenage Dream. Released yesterday (Aug. 24), industry prognosticators suggest that the set will likely sell in the range of 170,000 to 200,000 by week's end on Aug. 29. Beleaguered former "American Idol" champ Fantasia is seeking a big week too. Her third set, Back to Me, is on track for a sturdy No. 2 debut with a number in the range of 150,000 to 175,000. - HitsDailyDouble

Ow! I was expecting a lot more than that. And congrats to Fantasia! I didn't expect her to sell so well. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised. She's more like a singles artist instead of an albums artist.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap since when does Fantasia sell like that? I'm glad Katy isn't selling as strongly as I thought she would since I don't like her new album that much

Unknown said...

Fantasia can thank her publicity stunt suicide for most of those #s.