Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fantasia Speaks About Her Suicide Attempt

'American Idol' winner Fantasia Barrino was hospitalized on Aug. 10, due to an overdose of aspirin and a sleep aid. Contrary to various sources questioning whether there was foul play, it's now being reported that the 26-year-old singer's overdose was intentional.

In an excerpt from her forthcoming VH1 'Behind the Music' interview, the eight-time Grammy Award nominee revealed that the scrutiny surrounding her pending sex tape scandal had forced her into exile and ultimately toward suicide.

"I didn't have any fight in me. I didn't care about anything. I just wanted out," Barrino admitted during the interview, which premieres Aug. 24 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. "At that moment, I wanted out. I wanted it to be over with – all of it, all of that [expletive]."

See clip of Fantasia Barrino's 'Behind The Music' below.

"I just sat in the closet and looked at the mirror and took all the pills in the bottle," the 'Fantasia for Real' actress described of the night she overdosed. "I wanted to go to sleep and just be at peace. I knew exactly what I was doing. You can't accidentally take a whole bottle of pills."

Miraculously, the singer's near-fatal experience has given her enough strength and "motivation" to continue her career and promote her latest album, 'Back to Me,' which, coincidentally, is being released the same day as the premiere of her VH1 special.

Following her release from a North Carolina hospital on Aug. 12, Barrino released a statement through her record label, J Records, thanking fans for their prayers and support

"I can't thank my fans enough for their prayers and support during such a challenging time," adding, "It has given me the motivation to get back to work. ...I put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this album, and I pray that everyone enjoys it as much as I do."

- So sad. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bitch stole Naomi Campbell's wig! Now thats a girl fight I would pay to see!!!!!!!!!!!