Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ellen DeGeneres Quits American Idol!

Ellen DeGeneres has just announced that she is leaving American Idol and won't return next season as a judge.

The talk show host and comedian released the following statement, explaining her decision:
"A couple months ago, I let FOX and the "American Idol" producers know that this didn't feel like the right fit for me. I told them I wouldn't leave them in a bind and that I would hold off on doing anything until they were able to figure out where they wanted to take the panel next. It was a difficult decision to make, but my work schedule became more than I bargained for. I also realized this season that while I love discovering, supporting and nurturing young talent, it was hard for me to judge people and sometimes hurt their feelings. I loved the experience working on "Idol" and I am very grateful for the year I had. I am a huge fan of the show and will continue to be."
- The show lost tough mean guy and the comedic relief. American Idol is officially dead! I'll be surprised if they bring it back beyond Season 10.

3 comments:

musicfan said...

Yay! She didn't add to the show, I'm glad she's gone. Now I probably will be watching it, espcially if Jessica Simpson is a judge. I think she'd be hilarious and a PLUS that she actually knows music because she's been in the music business.

Anonymous said...

omg plssss let musicfan be wrong!! not the stupid blonde as a new judge!!! find someone more serious in music pls... i mean, we're trying to fill up Simon Cowell's shoes here!!

MkMiku said...

Ellen and Simon were my two favorite Idol judges. I was just getting back into Idol, after years of not watching, but now they are gone. :(