Friday, August 28, 2009

Kelly Osbourne - New Book Cover

Kelly Osbourne has revealed that she was once addicted to the prescription painkiller Vicodin. On the pages of her new advice book Fierce, available next month, the daughter of rocker Ozzy Osbourne and his wife Sharon reveals that she once battled with an addiction to powerful prescription drugs, which she kept methodically hidden from her family.

“…I was waking up and emptying six Vicodin into my hand. Soon I was taking 50 pills a day,” Kelly writes. “Most people would overdose on 10. My friends called me ‘Noddy’ because I fell asleep all the time.”

Kelly eventually sought treatment at Malibu’s Promises Rehab Facility, the same place Britney Spears previously received treatment.

“Who is Kelly Osbourne? I’m still not totally sure,” she wrote in the book’s description on Amazon. “But I do know who I’m not, and I want to help other people make the right decisions with the difficult choices we all face when growing up. So I’ve gone out and got the best advice I can find from people I love, respect and always listen to.”

Kelly will be dancing with her partner Louis van Amstel on the ninth season of Dancing With the Stars, premiering September 21st at 8pm on ABC.

No comments: